Chalk ABC Background

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Brain Drain - Don't FRET!

Ever feel like you are getting senile & YOU'RE NOT OLD ENOUGH!?!?

I think it's happening more & more because I have more & MORE required of me.  When parents tell me something over the gate at morning arrival, I find myself forgetting & apologizing at dismissal!  {Maybe this is an over share (but): it took me almost 2 weeks to remember to print an extra behavior calendar that a parent asked for EVERY DAY of those 7 school days.}

I felt so GUILTY!

I can't believe I forgot that - for so LONG!

Well, I heard about a cool app - Remind101.  It was created for educators to increase that school-to-home communication.  And let's face it, everyone has a smart phone {I caved & I LOVE my iPhone}!  So now, by simply creating an account at www.remind101.com - I can create texts for my parents, as reminders of upcoming events in our school & classroom.  Check out Andrea Nordhof's TpT store for a Remind 101 freebie letter - it was simple to print & distribute!

You can *PRE-schedule* these texts too!!  Ah-MAZ-ing, right?!  No more forgetful Miss King - a few less things on my list.  I have all our events for Sept. & Oct. pre scheduled to text the afternoon before.  I had 12 parents who wanted the app. PRONTO - which makes me feel a little better about my forgetfulness, I mean it isn't only me {RIGHT?}!

So far I have 10 signed up & I'm glad that we can help each other remember the little things!

Miss King

No comments:

Post a Comment