Chalk ABC Background

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Meet Me & Room Peek

So I posted yesterday & noticed tons of blogs linking up at Blog Hoppin' about Teacher Week '13:


Thought I'd catch up today, so 10 things about me {I'm really boring, but I'll try}:

1.  I teach in a public school in Colorado Springs, CO.  I love public schools - I'm a product of them & advocate for them!  Can't imagine not working in one, unless it was a DoD school...maybe?!

2.  I am not a morning person...I dawdle!  My alarm goes off at 5:30am but I am leaving my house at 7:45ish & school duty starts at 8:05.  I leave with everything in place so I can walk in my room & turn on my computer - then grab my coffee & rush to duty.  I stay late though, usually I get home around 6-6:30pm.

3.  I hate to get my hair wet.  I have naturally curly hair, but it needs PRODUCT to stay cute, so when it gets wet it looks AWFUL!  When I straighten it, it gets all frizzy/wavy when it gets wet...HORRIBLE!  Lately, we've been having rainy afternoons and I beg for inside dismissal {just so my hair doesn't get wet}!

4.  My family is my WORLD!  I have an older sister {who teaches 1st in AZ & a younger brother who's an electrician}.  

My oldest nephew is in high school now, my other nephew is in Kinder this year, & my niece just turned 4 - man this photo is outdated!
5.  I live for pedicures & flip flop weather - SUMMER IS THE BEST {and not just because it's an 8 week break}.  I love to get pampered for an hour or two, I have 2 "go to" pedi-buddies (former teammates & coworkers) who I meet up with & chill-ax in this special way!

6.  I'm addicted to The Bachelor/The Bachelorette and have watched it with my sister for so long that we can pretty much recall all former bachelors & bachelorettes.  *We might* call each other long distance & chat while it is airing!  I also *might* have started a "Bachelor Night" at my school last year so my coworkers & I could meet up/gossip about the show LIVE!

7.  I love teaching, but I wasn't sure "what I wanted to be when I grew up."  My sister suggested teaching & volunteering in her room one October {2003} - that is when I had an epiphany & decided to finish my BA in English & then get elementary certified.  I'm so glad for her guidance!

8.  My mom taught me to sew & we quilt together.  Here are the quilts I've made:






9.  I don't mind cooking but I like to do it with company.  I bake/cook with my mom or sister & I just love to chat & chop...it's not so much fun when I'm all alone.  In fact, when I'm cooking alone it feels like WORK!

10.  I owe all I am to my Heavenly Father!  I am blessed beyond measure - a wonderful family, an amazing job, a fabulous church family...my list of blessings is extensive.  I would not be the person I am today without God's hand in my life & Jesus' shed blood for my sin.

Today we share pics of our room - well click on this link & check out my prior post...of my Oz themed Kinder room!



No comments:

Post a Comment