Chalk ABC Background

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Crazy Farm Field Trip

Like many K-1 classrooms around the NATION, we also went to the farm/pumpkin patch.  Venetucci Farm is a great place & my Kinders were so excited on Friday to visit, see some farm animals, & pick a free pumpkin to take home.

Crazy face pics turn out best - I SWEAR!!
We all know that field trips can be hectic - 120 5/6 year olds, 5 teachers, 30 parent volunteers, 120 pumpkins, first aid kids, epipens, 3 school busses, and a partridge in a pear tree - RIGHT?!?!

Well this year (I have gone 6 out of 8 years as an educator) at the farm, we had an INCIDENT (not a student/parent from our school, but we were there & involved)!  So glad to help, but it's scary when an ambulance comes & takes a student to the hospital.  I have amazing teammates:  I mean...1 was comforting the mother of the student, another was assisting with the 911 call/assisting with the blood, & I was clearing the area of "watchers" so the ambulance had easy access & could locate the child.

I am amazed by first responders - so calm and comforting.  They took control and handled the situation so appropriately.

After that, the trip was AMAZING.  The day was jam-packed with F.U.N.!  The Kinders really loved doing Michelle Oakes' "Butter Boogie" and enjoyed tasting a sample of their hard work.

I hope your field trips to the farm are less "eventful" than mine - but just as ENJOYABLE!!

Miss King

No comments:

Post a Comment