Chalk ABC Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Here's SNOW much more...

We've almost completed our snow/snowmen/winter things...so much to do so little time.  Actually, Jan. {in my district} has pretty much been 4 days in a week - all month.  Next week is our first 5 day week - then we finish Jan. & start Feb. with a Friday 3 hr. early release.  Prepping for those 2nd quarter conferences - how 'bout you?!?!

Anyway, here are some photos to share...

  

Art inspired by The First Grade Parade & after reading Snowmen at Night.

Because I LOVE teaching The Mitten, I snagged some really cool freebies {to add to my stash!}.  And while I was blog-stalking browsing I fell in love with some snowmen projects at First Grade Blue Skies...



She also had a fun winter unit for sale in TpT - since we had so many crazy short weeks & I HAD to have some of the posted craftivities, I bought it too.  So, we made these as well...




Just so you don't think we do writing/literacy all day...{yes, I LOVE teaching math too} here are some pics of our recent enVision unit - Topic 10, which basically covers place value, number sense, ordinals, and even & odd.

I had to graph mittens vs. gloves preferences!


And for the teacher - well, I'm C-R-A-Z-Y!!  I have 2 masters classes left, I'm taking a Mon. night DMI math class - Building a System of Tens {LOVE them, if you get a chance to attend one, do so!} and a book study on Thurs. using the text Teach Like a Champion.  So, I am just a tad busy this spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment