Chalk ABC Background

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Meet the Teacher 2014


Hi!  I'm Kristan King...not new to blogging, but attempting this thing!  I challenge myself to do more linkys and expand my tech-savvyness (is that a word?!?!).  I live in CO & am proudly single - don't get me wrong, I'd love to meet someone to share my life with (and I'm often asked, "Why are you single?") but I'm not on the hunt.  I'd rather be happily single, than unhappily married.

I'd love to have a dog - my parent's Bernese Mountain Dog, Zeb, is really the coolest dog ever & he makes me want one B.A.D.  My parents say he should be mine...we have this connection!




However, dogs = work and I like to visit family & take trips...so I have 2 cats, cats = easy!  Simon & Elsa are great companions & very low maintenance.


I am the middle child, born in Germany, & raised as an Army brat - wouldn't change my childhood for anything.  I have an amazing family, can't say enough about my 2 parents & 3 siblings (Shawn & hubby Juan, & my younger brother Chuck).  My sister & brother gave me the fantastic title of Auntie & I love my nephews and niece - looking forward to adding another nephew in Nov. - we'll be birthday month buddies!



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Family. Jesus. Peanut M&Ms. Music - iPod. Kindle Fire - BOOKS! Netflix. Summer & flip flops. Amazon. Coke - original, red can. Pedicures. Literature. Flair pens. Maxi skirts. Polka dots. Mr. Sketch markers. Quilting/sewing. Movies. Chai Tea Lattes. Crafting. Swimming. Disney. Laughing. Reading. Pandora. Margaritas. Crayola crayons. Popcorn.

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

Probably something in the book world, not a writer but maybe an editor or working for a publisher...I loved my English classes! I enjoyed them so much I majored in English & took Education credits after getting my BA - I was pretty undecided in college.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Sunshine. Loyal. Principled

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________, SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"Lunch duty/pick-up is the highlight of my day," said no teacher ever!!

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Michael Buble - his concert was so fun last year & his voice...Ummmm, melts my butter! If you follow him on Instagram he has these 15 sec. clips of covers he sings...I really enjoy them.

Maybe Jimmy Fallon too - he cracks me up!

Ooh & John Travolta...he seems like such a nice, interesting guy.

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

Living Simple

Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

Flying - it would be so cool to travel this way! A close 2nd is invisibility :0).

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

"Castle on a Cloud" - from Les Miserables

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Night Owl - I don't really stay up OOBER late, but dislike waking up & tend to dawdle in the morning.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

I have said over & over I'll make something, but then I find it in someone's shop...so nothing until it's 100% my idea & not available somewhere else! For now, I love trying all of YOUR cool stuff - my kids do too.

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

You might not know that I LOVED 1st & said I'd never teach Kindergarten. Then I was placed in a 5th grade position & learned to love upper grades, even though I'm pretty sure I'm a PRIMARY teacher. ~Just proves that God has a sense of humor...He knew what was the best place for me, "For such a time as this" - for the school/communities I've worked in, for my current 4 wonderful teammates, & during each season of my career. Love my job - especially Kindergarten, & look forward to many more years in K!



Well, hope you enjoyed "meeting" me.  Thanks Stephanie for a fun linky - why not join us?!

Miss Kristan King

No comments:

Post a Comment