Chalk ABC Background

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Learning ar!

Ahoy Mateys,

We had pirate day to learn the ar "bossy r" sound...I was a BAD teacher & got so overwhelmed with the F.U.N. that I didn't snap any photos of my cuties in their costumes!

{I know...so sad!}

But, thanks to Abby - my team had matching Aaargh! t-shirts.  I found striped socks at Target, so my ensemble was complete with capri's, a red bandana, & one hoop earing:


Have you heard of HeidiSongs?  Well, her Sounds Fun Phonics DVD has a pirate themed ar song for /ar/ & my kiddos LOVED it - or they just told me that, cause I threatened 'em with walkin' the plank!

We're finishing off our pirate fun this week with some synonym, vocabulary, & map skills sheets from Michelle Oakes' unit.

His parrot was saying, "Polly wants a cracker" - LOL!!

SO MUCH TO DO...I'm running out of time {anyone else feel me?}.  I was observed by my math interventionist...LOVE her {every school needs a Barb} doing a Georgia Math Unit Plan today.  Have you seen them?  If not, follow the link & click on your grade level - you will be in love!  (Our current curriculum doesn't meet the CCSS, so we aren't ordering the student consumables.  Instead we're purchasing the GA Math Units & supplies needed, then using our curriculum to supplement as needed.)  So excited to use them in action!

Happy Wednesday,

Miss Kristan King

2 comments:

  1. Your shirt turned out cute! And even though I only have 1 student, I totally feel you on the whole running out of time thing! May is just CUH-RAY-ZEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CUH-RAY-ZEE & not slowing down...when it finally slows down, you'll be gone!

      Oh well, we'll have to squeeze in the FUN where we can this summer :0).

      Delete