Chalk ABC Background

Friday, September 14, 2012

My Friend Johnny

So in Kindergarten we've been starting our fall seasonal activities.  Starting off with some apple fun...

  1. Making apple muffins, after reading an apple book from our Treasures reading series
  2. Making crockpot applesauce
  3. Apple Jacks sort & graph
  4. Apple tasting & craftivity...thanks to those Glyph Girls!  


We've got the cutest hall:



After seeing my "model Johnny Appleseed" on the front white board all week, my students politely asked if they "could have hay too!"  My response: "Of course" - so I stayed 'til 6:30 hot gluing raffia {aka: hay} to their completed glyphs.

So excited for next week - America/Constitution Day (a district requirement, but my team ROCKS & we've made it a super fun America-filled week...pics to come!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment