We are all geared up in 1st - here's my plan:
Monday - reading Cat in the Hat & sequencing the events, start Cat in the Hat glyph
Tuesday - reading Horton Hatches the Egg (my FAVORITE Dr. Seuss book, because I just love its message!) & creating mixed up animals (like an elephant bird)
Wednesday - reading Wacky Wednesday, how could you not?
Thursday - reading Fox in Socks my tongue is worried already! & Green Eggs & Ham...in preparation for:
Friday - we have A LOT on the docket...
- Dress up as your favorite Seuss character (school-wide)
- Cafeteria serving Green Eggs & Ham - we're creating a green egg graph of if we liked/didn't like it
- Working with our 5th grade buddies to: 1. create & describe play-doh animals after reading If I Ran the Zoo & 2. creating oobleck after reading Bartholomew and the Oobleck
- Enjoying a Thing, red velvet cupcake (gotta love Pinterest)
- DEAR time, because I could use a little sanity at this point in the day!
|10 more, 10 less; 1 more, 1 less center|
|Long vs. Short vowels center|