Chalk ABC Background

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Are You Celebrating Seuss?

So excited for Dr. Seuss' birthday & Read Across America on Friday, but one day isn't enough to celebrate this great children's author!  So I'm making it a Seuss-filled week, why not?

We are all geared up in 1st - here's my plan:
Monday - reading Cat in the Hat & sequencing the events, start Cat in the Hat glyph
Tuesday - reading Horton Hatches the Egg (my FAVORITE Dr. Seuss book, because I just love its message!) & creating mixed up animals (like an elephant bird)
Wednesday - reading Wacky Wednesday, how could you not?
Thursday - reading Fox in Socks my tongue is worried already! & Green Eggs & Ham...in preparation for:
Friday - we have A LOT on the docket...
  1. Dress up as your favorite Seuss character (school-wide)
  2. Cafeteria serving Green Eggs & Ham - we're creating a green egg graph of if we liked/didn't like it
  3. Working with our 5th grade buddies to: 1. create & describe play-doh animals after reading If I Ran the Zoo & 2. creating oobleck after reading Bartholomew and the Oobleck
  4. Enjoying a Thing, red velvet cupcake (gotta love Pinterest)
  5. DEAR time, because I could use a little sanity at this point in the day!
I also purchased Michelle Oakes' Dr. Seuss centers - finishing those up for stations next week

10 more, 10 less; 1 more, 1 less center

Spelling center

Rhyming center

Long vs. Short vowels center
 & Deanna Jump's Cat in the Hat Glyph.  Everything I have purchased from these 2 lovely teachers has my highest recommendation, so I can't wait to share photos of our Seuss-stravaganza!!!

1 comment:

  1. You just made my day! I love seeing my stuff in other's classrooms. Glad you could use them!!! <3 Michelle

    ReplyDelete