Chalk ABC Background

Friday, April 19, 2013

Goin' Buggy!

So I used a combo of units from Reagan Tunstall & Deanna Jump for our 2 week insect unit.

Week 1 - non-fiction & insect facts (M-F I made anchor charts for ants, bees, ladybugs, praying mantises, fireflies, & dragonflies).

Week 2 - fiction, The Very Hungry Caterpillar & compare/contrast 2 different insects

I, quite frankly, was a bit grossed out on Friday when our caterpillars climbed up to the top of the cup & started shaking - I mean like CRAZY SHAKING!!  It looks like they make the chrysalis out of their molted body {ugh, PAINFUL}.

The kids were fascinated, some think like their teacher & wrote in their butterfly journal - "The caterpillars are disgusting!"  Great minds think alike sweetie, I HEAR YA!

Some photos of the insects in our classroom:




Can't wait to see what lovely butterflies we'll get - SOON!

Miss Kristan King

No comments:

Post a Comment