Chalk ABC Background

Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to School Gifts

So, a few months ago I stumbled upon an AWESOME post...at Chalk Talk on retelling ropes.

I downloaded the FREE packet & put it on a list of To Dos.  Unfortunately that list was tossed or not completed {as so many of mine are}.

This summer my district moved from Windows to an OS platform - basically we turned in 4 year old Dells for Apple Macbooks.  I was in a rush to transfer all essential files from my Dell to my external hard drive, so they wouldn't be lost!  As I was transferring, I found my packet & promised myself to "get on that."

I was trolling the aisles of Hobby Lobby & found all the wooden pieces necessary - and got inspired {as one can do in a craft extravaganza such as HL}!  I saw a fun {also FREE} download from Michelle Oakes to make 12" x 12" scrapbook framed write-on/wipe off To Do lists.  Something else to make!

So here are my ropes {which I packaged with the frames & curly ribbon - as back to school presents for my new Kinder teamies}:




My 4 teamies L.O.V.E.D. them - thanks Kelli & Michelle!  

And a +, I'm getting better & better with every keystroke on my new Mac & iPad - I can't lie, I miss my Dell/Windows platform...ahh, the comfort of the familiar.  The only thing I can relate it to is learning a new language.  Occasionally you get "Ah Ha" moments where you recognize something familiar, but mostly I am just pushing buttons & tinkering hoping to eventually land on the correct spot!

I was also inspired by the London Olympic Opening Ceremonies...I may have my FIRST unit on TpT to share - I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment