Chalk ABC Background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blubber Science

We're learning about ocean habitats this week...but, last week we didn't quite get to do the Blubber Glove science experiment from Deanna Jump's Arctic Unit.

Well...whales have blubber too, so I decided to squeeze it in early this week.  The kids LOVED it {as they do many of Deanna's things, FYI}.

Her packet linked above has directions for making this simple experiment and THANKS to a pal in 5th grade who happened to have zebra duct tape {we had a stylish blubber glove HA}...now for a few pics:










Of course I'm biased but aren't they just the cutest...I love my class this year!  I am getting sad about 23 days left...

Still coming this week for our oceans unit - crabs, octopus, sharks, & what we'd see going SCUBA diving!

Miss King

No comments:

Post a Comment